Valentine’s Day Promotions To Make Prospects Swoon
You don’t have to be a chocolatier or a flower shop to rake it in on Valentine’s Day. In fact, there are quite a few great automotive direct mail promotions that are perfectly suited to this ‘romantic’ holiday. Here are just a few:
· Offer Family-Oriented Promotions – Nothing says love more than family. So, instead of speaking to the couple-y aspect of the day, why not speak to the whole family unit? Perhaps your automotive direct mail marketer can do a bit of demographic research in the area and help you target younger couples and newlyweds who might be expanding their families soon and in need of safer, more sensible cars.
· Create a “Love Your Car” Service Event – If your service bays are feeling a bit empty during this transitional time of year, Valentine’s Day is a great time to send out a mailer with service specials.
· Partner Up With Romance-Ready Businesses – Seek out partners such as restaurants or gift shops and offer up offers only your customers can be eligible for. For instance, your automotive direct mail could offer a chance to win a free gift certificate for a five-course candlelight dinner (redeemable on Valentine’s Day Night) at a gourmet restaurant to anyone who purchases a vehicle during a predetermined period.
· Cater to Singles – Remember that not everyone in your direct mailing list has a significant other. Plus, you probably have plenty of fantastic pieces of inventory to help them enjoy the single life that much more. A promotion on February 15th – incidentally, a holiday that’s been dubbed “Call In Single Day” in pop culture – might be a great success.
· Show To Love To Your Community – Another great promotion that can go a long way to winning the affection of your customers is to share the love you feel by being a successful business owner in your community. Advertise a drive for a local food bank. Promise proceeds from sales leading into Valentine’s Day to a popular charity in town.
· Reward Your Best Customers – What better time than Valentine’s Day to show your current customers how much you love them for their business? Send out direct mailers with special loyalty promotions and coupons to keep that love alive.
· Ask Prospective Customers “Will You Be Mine?” – It’s really as simple as designing a valentine with your latest and greatest sales and promotions. It can be as cheesy as you want it to be – and if it comes in an envelope, even better.
Finally, remember, if you’re going to go to the trouble of creating Valentine’s Day promotions via automotive direct mail, be sure to follow through in your showroom with decorations and to spread the love on your social media, email and even landing pages. Customers will see you getting into the spirit and really enjoying the events – and that will show them how much you care about impressing them and winning their business.